Hill Ward Henderson is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant in their Commercial Real Estate practice group.
The Legal Assistant will perform a wide variety of tasks which includes providing a high level of customer service and support, while consistently producing an excellent work product. The Legal Assistant maintains general knowledge of the Commercial Real Estate’s practice groups and a specialized knowledge of the assigned attorneys’ practice area(s) and clients in order to ensure extraordinary client satisfaction.
- Manage the day-to-day schedules of the attorneys. The ability to be proactive and think ahead are key.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of legal documents such as mortgages, deeds, loans. Create, edit, and proofread work product to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain calendars including appointments and meetings.
- Processing reimbursements, expense reports and check requests.
- Effectively manage projects by meeting deadlines and conducting follow-up as needed.
- Inputs, reviews, edits, and closes timekeepers' time entries through the firm's web-based time entry program using firm standards.
- Handles monthly client billing. Reviews billing prebills for accuracy and completeness. Performs client, matter and timekeeper inquiries, and narrative edits.
- Opens new matters and generate client conflict checks. Sets up and maintains timekeeper's work files, including daily and regular filing.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records, and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Minimum of 2 years of legal assistant, administrative assistant or comparable position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with a document management system and time entry system preferred.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Client-oriented focus.
- Billing experience preferred.
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required.
- BA/BS preferred, but not required.