Ajay Malshe’s practice focuses on representing private equity and venture capital funds, institutional investors, investment groups and other operating companies in a variety of business combination and other transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, growth equity investments and other strategic transactions. In addition, he has extensive experience advising companies with respect to organizational matters, corporate governance, equity financing, incentive compensation, shareholder and operating agreements and other operational matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Ajay practiced in the New York City office of a large international law firm, where he focused on real estate capital markets, joint ventures and fund formation matters. He also previously served as in-house counsel to a large, multinational financial institution where he advised in the structuring and implementation of depositary receipts facilities for companies seeking access to U.S. and global capital markets.
Outside of the office, Ajay serves on the Equal Business Opportunity Advisory Committee of the City of Tampa and is a member of the Tampa Bay chapters of the New Leaders Council and American Constitution Society. In his spare time, he also enjoys spending time with his wife and son (as well as their miniature dachshund, Fiona) and cheering on the Florida Gators and Orlando Magic.
Credentials & Experience
University of Florida, B.A., 2005
Cornell Law School, J.D., 2009
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
New York Bar
- Turnkey Pharmacy Solutions and Elevate340B in their sale to SpendMend
- Data Dimensions LLC in its sale to Thompson Street Capital Partners
- Patrol Protect and Secure, Inc. in its acquisition of American Heritage Protection Services
- Westone Laboratories in the sale of its music division to Lucid Audio
- SleepMed Therapies in its sale to AdaptHealth
- Mid State Machine and Fabricating Corporation in its sale to CenterGate Capital
- SleepMed Laboratories in its sale to BioSerenity
- MedCorp LLC in its business combination with Probo Medical
- Mangrove Equity Partners in its investment in Shields Business Solutions
- Fairbourne Properties in its joint venture with Harbert Management to acquire and develop a shopping center in Brentwood, California
- APR, LLC in its sale to Driven Performance Brands
- Montgomery Eye Center in its partnership with Center for Sight.
- An investment group leading a Series D investment round and bridge financing for H-Cyte, Inc., a Tampa-based biotech company.
News & Insights
- 7.8.19Firm News
- 12.19.16Firm News