Joshua Gehres focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, as well as general corporate advice. He has represented both public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity formation and securities reporting and compliance matters.
Joshua earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2016. While in law school, Joshua served as an editor for the Florida Law Review. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Florida State University, where he played wide receiver. While playing, he was awarded the Golden Torch Award and Matt Schmauch Academic Award.
Credentials & Experience
Florida State University, B.S. in Finance, 2012, magna cum laude
Florida State University, M.B.A., 2013
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2016, cum laude
- Editor, Florida Law Review
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Representing an orthodontist in the purchase of his first practice.
- Representing a local construction company on multiple occasions involving both the internal and external sale of equity.
- Representing a national publicly traded insurance company in multiple acquisitions varying in value from $10 million to $300 million throughout the country including California, Washington, Texas, and Georgia.
- Representing a national RV Dealership in multiple acquisitions throughout the country including Tennessee, Mississippi, and Nevada.
- Representing a private equity fund in the purchase of a Senior’s Association.
- Representing a national automobile dealership in a near-billion dollar acquisition.