Ronald is an associate in the firm’s Construction & Design and Litigation groups. His practice primarily involves representing owners, general contractors, subcontractors, building code inspectors, and sureties in litigation matters.
Ronald graduated magna cum laude from Stetson University College of Law and was awarded the American Bankruptcy Institute Medal Award for Excellence in Bankruptcy Studies.
During Law School, Ronald was a member of the Stetson Law Review and competed as an advocate on Stetson’s Moot Court Board. His accomplishments include winning the Best Brief Award in the 2020 Appellate Lawyers Association National Moot Court Competition and Outstanding Oralist Recognition at the American Bankruptcy Institute 29th Annual Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition. Ronald also served as a teaching assistant to four research & writing classes and as a judicial intern for the Honorable Charlene E. Honeywell of the Middle District of Florida.
Outside of the office, Ronald enjoys spending time with his family, lounging by the pool, and watching the New York Mets, New York Knicks, and University of South Florida Football.
Credentials & Experience
- University of South Florida, B.A., 2013
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2021, magna cum laude
- Graduated top 2%
- Stetson Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Outstanding Oralist Recognition – American Bankruptcy Institute – 29th Annual Duberstein Bankruptcy Competition – 2021
- Best Overall Brief – Appellate Lawyers Association – National Moot Court Competition – 2020
- Teaching Assistant to Professor Anne Mullins: Legal Research and Writing I & II
- Phi Delta Phi
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal Award for Excellence in Bankruptcy Studies
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Charlene Honeywell – Middle District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
News & Insights
- 10.6.21Firm News
Articles & Publications
When Bankruptcy and Arbitration Collide - Henris Zaimaj & Ronald Espinal – Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association’s Cramdown – May 2021