Ad valorem tax is one of the largest controllable expenses confronting businesses each year in Florida. Our Property Tax Litigation team has an unparalleled depth of experience in dealing effectively with real estate tax assessment appeals involving value challenges and property tax exemption challenges.
Effective representation results from a blend of trial advocacy skills and a solid foundation of appraisal principles. Our attorneys are extremely experienced and have been involved in some of the most significant issues and controversies to occur in recent years, including the following:
- Counseling clients on tax avoidance strategies including exemptions
- Negotiating with the property appraisers and staff
- Administrative appeals through Value Adjustment Boards
- Judicial challenges in circuit court
We have represented clients in almost every industry including lodging/hospitality, retail, industrial/manufacturing, professional sports, telecommunications, healthcare, multi-family dwellings (including low-income tax credit), and golf course.
- Obtained a 70 percent reduction in assessed value for a national anchor department store.
- Trial judgment in favor of one of the largest hotel owners in Florida reducing its assessment by over 40 percent.
- Secured over $4,000,000 in tax savings for a national cement manufacturing plant.
- Reduced a property tax liability by more than $2,000,000 for an international broadcasting company.