Paralegal - Commercial Litigation
The Paralegal will perform a wide variety of tasks which includes providing a high level of customer service and support, while consistently producing an excellent work product. The Paralegal maintains general knowledge of the Litigation practice groups and a specialized knowledge of the assigned attorneys’ practice area(s) and clients in order to ensure extraordinary client satisfaction.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of legal documents. Create, edit, and proofread work product to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate with attorneys regarding deadlines and preparation for trials.
- Responsible for tracking and entering billable and non-billable hours on a daily basis.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records, and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the area of commercial litigation and/or general business litigation
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Florida state court rules
- Experience in a mid- to large-size firm preferred
- Candidates must also have previous trial experience
- Experience with legal software (i.e. Xera, Concordance) desired
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with a document management system and time entry system
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and analytical skills
- BA/BS preferred, but not required