Hill Ward Henderson recognizes the challenges corporate clients face in sudden or emerging crises triggered by catastrophic events, government investigations, data security breaches, ransomware attacks, criminal charges, or alleged compliance or governance failures. In addition, our team has experience navigating situations of a sensitive and personal nature that are oftentimes challenging and emotionally charged for the parties involved. In some instances, an adult or child, family member or employee is accused of a crime or alleged inappropriate action or who is a victim of a crime.
Our Crisis Management team understands that rapid response and risk mitigation is necessary to minimize disruption and potential business impact. Our attorneys employ a strategic approach surrounding both business and legal considerations during the management of a crisis.
Our team has assisted with crises ranging from investigations by governmental agencies; corporate investigations involving known or suspected theft/embezzlement; other suspected criminal activity including racketeering, extortion, sales tax issues, and anti-kickback; and violation of significant company policies to sensitive or confidential investigations on behalf of a family or business.
Our Crisis Management team represents clients in a broad scope of areas, including:
- Internal investigations in the Tampa Bay region, throughout Florida, and internationally
- Business email compromise
- Injunctions against stalking, domestic violence, repeat violence
- Workplace death or serious injury
- Protesters at a business or residence
- School-related issues
- Risk Protection Orders/Red Flag law issues
- Liaison with law enforcement (local, state, national)
- Assists businesses and individuals under investigation by local or state and/or federal authorities
Our Crisis Management team has assisted with a broad spectrum of business and personal matters including:
- Assisted with OSHA investigations relating to a workplace death or injury
- Advised client whose investment portfolio company had a franchisee who was accused of multiple shooting
- Assisted multiple clients with immediate efforts to retrieve significant funds lost as a result of cyber-events
- Assisted companies who were victims of substantial embezzlement
- Assisted minor child of client involved in quasi criminal/mental health crisis
- Worked with client whose family member was murdered and coordinated with law enforcement and prosecutors in an effort for prosecutors to bring murder charges
- Assisted client whose minor child was the victim of sexual assault
- Obtained temporary injunction for stalking on behalf of sorority member for national sorority located at major Florida university