Matt Lastinger’s practice focuses on business combination transactions, venture capital, as well as general corporate advice. He represents public companies in connection with business combination transactions, corporate governance, entity formation and securities reporting and compliance matters. He also represents privately-held companies, private equity and venture capital funds, and institutional investors in a variety of business combination and other transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and other strategic investments.
Outside the office, Matt enjoys spending time with his wife and two dogs, Bo and Scout, playing pick-up basketball, cooking for friends and family, and watching Florida Gator football and basketball.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch (2021)
Credentials & Experience
University of Florida, B.A., 2009, cum laude
University of Florida, M.Ed., 2010
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2016, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Senior Managing Editor, Florida Law Review
- Book Award: Business Transactions and Document Drafting, Law and Entrepreneurship, Legal Drafting, Creditors Remedies and Bankruptcy, Sales, and Law Review
- Teaching Assistant: Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
- BRP Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRP) in its acquisition of numerous independent insurance agencies.
- Mangrove Equity Partners in its acquisition of Internal Security Associates, LLC.
- Fairbourne Properties, LLC and certain of its affiliates, in a joint venture with Harbert Management in connection with the acquisition and development of a 693,627 square foot lifestyle shopping center located in Redmond, Washington.
- Fairbourne Properties, LLC and certain of its affiliates, in a joint venture with Harbert Management in connection with the acquisition and development of a 552,291 square foot lifestyle shopping center located in Sacramento, California.
- Homee, an on-demand home services platform, in a $15 million Series B financing led by Forte Ventures and Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures.
- Homee, an on-demand home services platform, in a $4.3 million Series B-1 financing led by Forte Ventures and Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures.
- Ballast Point Ventures in providing a $5 million growth equity financing of Mailprotector, a cybersecurity company providing a portfolio of cloud-based email security, management, and hosting services.
- Fulcrum Equity Partners in leading a more than $11 million Series B financing of Feathr, a leading provider of marketing technology for associations and event organizers.
- Fulcrum Equity Partners in a $15 million growth equity financing of Digital Hands, an award-winning managed security services provider.
- Argus Dental & Vision, Inc. in its sale to AFLAC.
News & Insights
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 6.26.19Firm News