Jerilyn Reed is chair of the firm’s Real Estate Group. Her practice includes institutional lending, real property purchase and sale transactions, commercial development and commercial leasing. Jerilyn’s client base is diverse, ranging from real estate developers, national homebuilders, hoteliers, local, regional and national banks, as well as multifamily owners and operators.
She is active in the community, devoting time to philanthropic and professional organizations. As one of her priority commitments, Jerilyn serves as a trustee on the St. Joseph’s Baptist Board of Directors, part of the BayCare Health System.
While at the University of Florida, Jerilyn earned four varsity letters in Women’s Volleyball, serving as the team captain during her senior season. Her passion for athletics continues, as outside of the office she enjoys spending time with her husband and children, cheering on the Gators and Tampa Bay’s local teams.
- Florida Super Lawyers (2022)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite - Up and Comers (2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2019-2023)
Credentials & Experience
University of Florida, B.S., 2001, Honors
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Representative matters that Jerilyn has handled include:
- Lead real estate counsel for local development client, handling acquisition, financing, development, leasing and sales of 165+/- acre mixed-use development in Sumter County, Florida, anchored by various big-box retailers and grocers, as well as commercial outparcels and multifamily development.
- Borrower representation on financing of a $60+ million dollar apartment community in Pasco County, Florida.
- Lead acquisition counsel and title agent on numerous large acreage assemblage transactions, involving multiple sellers and national homebuilder buyers.
- Lender’s counsel on $28 million acquisition loan for multi-tenant office tower in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida.
- Represented purchaser of $76 million dollar waterfront hotel in Sarasota County, Florida, including negotiation of purchase transaction, as well as Borrower representation in CMBS financing.
- Buyer and borrower’s counsel on acquisition of two-property multifamily portfolio, with purchase price of $87 million, structured as a reverse-1031 exchange.
- Lender’s counsel for regional bank, structuring multiple guidance line of credit loans for local and regional homebuilders in various Florida counties, including Charlotte, Hillsborough, Manatee, Sarasota, and Pinellas.
- Buyer’s counsel guiding acquisition of hotel portfolio, including $29 million asset in Minnesota, $15 million golf course resort in Oregon and $65 million mountain resort in Wyoming.
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- St. Joseph's/South Florida Baptist Hospital: Board of Trustees (2018)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
News & Insights
- 8.18.22Firm News
- 7.1.22Firm News
- 8.19.21Firm News
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 7.2.18Firm News
- 1.14.16Firm News