Many transactional and litigation attorneys at Hill Ward Henderson work closely with our financial service industry clients. We represent banks, insurance companies, investment firms, and brokers to provide legal services in the areas of financing, formation, regulatory compliance, business operations, acquisition transactions, securities and corporate law.
Our firm has extensive experience in representing lending clients, ranging from major financial institutions to local community banks, in a wide variety of real estate and other commercial financing transactions.
Our commercial lending team represents lenders of various types (from community, regional and national banks to private equity firms and other non-traditional lenders) in structuring, documenting, and negotiating commercial financing transactions. We have extensive experience advising our lending clients in a broad range of financing transactions, including cash flow and asset-based deals, single-bank, syndicated and senior/junior capital structures, working capital lines of credit, leveraged buyouts, private equity fund subscription lines, dividend recap finance, and various other lending transactions.
We also regularly represent our corporate and private equity clients as borrowers in a wide variety of financing matters. Our commercial lending team works closely with other attorneys in the Corporate & Tax Group, as well as other practices groups within the firm, to provide the knowledge and experience necessary for each deal.
We are focused on creating value for our lending and borrowing clients through our market knowledge and attention to detail and by adapting to meet client’s objectives. Furthermore, we believe we are able to offer exceptional legal services in financing transactions while at the same time controlling client costs.
We have broad experience in all areas of commercial lending, including:
- Conduit lending
- Participation and syndicated loans
- Working capital
- Cash flow
- Asset-based loans and lines of credit and mezzanine financing.
Click below to learn more about these practices areas:
- Represented an administrative agent in $60 million syndicated credit facility to a management company of multiple timeshare resorts.
- Represented a lender in $21 million financing of a private equity company’s acquisition of an IT consulting firm and simultaneous participation of a portion of the facility to a second lender.
- Represented a senior lender in $11 million senior credit facility financing a private equity company’s acquisition of a lighting manufacturer along with an intercreditor agreement with a mezzanine lender.
- Represented a uniform and promotional products manufacturer in refinancing their existing debt with a $200 million credit facility.
- Represented a private equity company in a $65 million credit facility financing the acquisition of an independent distributor of sealants and related products.
Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights:
- Defended financial institution against fraudulent transfer, aiding and abetting, and breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by Chapter 11 Trustee of failed telecommunications company.
- Represented lender in contested commercial foreclosure of a $60,000,000 mortgage covering development located in central Florida.
- Represented lender in contested foreclosure of a $24,000,000 mortgage covering fractured condominium development.