Katie Cole’s work can be seen in the skyline of Tampa Bay as she skillfully helps clients navigate all phases of land development and the approval process.
Katie currently serves on the firm's Management Committee. Her practice primarily involves representing property owners in the development of commercial projects and residential subdivisions in Pinellas and Pasco counties.
She works with clients beginning with the acquisition of the land, determining opportunities for development, refining processes for approvals, and seeing the project though the final approvals of entitlements to construction with the goal of helping her clients open for business with all the licenses and permits they need to do so.
Katie works closely with government staff members and elected officials negotiating agreements, code amendments, and plans to allow her clients’ projects reach the construction stage.
In 2017, Katie was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the St. Petersburg College Board of Trustees and currently serves in her second year as chairperson of the Board.
Outside the office, you’ll find Katie and her husband, Clint, cheering for their daughters at gymnastics competitions across the state.
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2021)
Credentials & Experience
University of Tennessee, B.S., 1995
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- Stetson Law Review: Managing Editor
- Stetson Moot Court Honor Board
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Clearwater Bar Association
Recent representative engagements include:
Negotiation of and eventual approval of one of the first mixed use developments in 20 years in Madeira Beach despite neighbor objections and lawsuit requiring over seven public hearings
- Approval of a 42 unit residential infill subdivision in Tarpon Springs over significant neighbor objections while navigating the multi-layered regulatory scheme for land use and annexations in Pinellas County
- Approval of a new 300 room hotel on Clearwater Beach
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- St. Petersburg College
- Board of Trustees (2017-2020)
- Vice-Chair (2018)
- Morton Plant Mease Hospital: Board of Directors (2017)
- UPARC’s Omelette Party Committee (2009-present): Co-Chair (2013)
- Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Chair (2018)
- Chair-Elect (2017)
- Executive Committee (2015-present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pinellas County:
- Board of Directors (2007-2015)
- Former President
News & Insights
- 8.26.20Firm News
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 1.26.18Firm News
- 7.14.17Firm News
- 3.31.17Firm News
- 2.22.17Firm News
- 7.13.16Firm News
- 1.14.16Firm News
- 6.1.15Firm News
- 4.30.13Firm News
Articles & Publications
- 2013 Florida Bar ELULS conference speaker regarding mitigation banking and clearing title encumbrances within the mitigation banking area.