Kendra Lyman’s practice includes construction claims, design claims, contract documents, insurance and sureties, and project management. She primarily represents owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, and sureties in construction defect disputes, contract disputes, insurance coverage disputes, bond claims, lien foreclosure actions, and complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Hill Ward Henderson, her previous practice included title and property insurance claims, insurance fraud litigation, and business litigation.
Outside of the office, Kendra is an active member of The Junior League of Tampa and also enjoys running, attending concerts, and spending time with her husband and son.
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite - Up and Comers (2016-2017)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2021-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America® : Ones to Watch (2021-2024)
Credentials & Experience
Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2013, Honors
University of Florida, B.A., 2010
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Orange County Bar Association
- Representing a national home building corporation in construction defect litigation involving a large multi-family townhome development.
- Representing a general contractor in litigation involving contract disputes and construction defect allegations related to the construction of a multi-million dollar luxury hotel.
- Representing a framing subcontractor in multiple multi-million dollar construction defect lawsuits related to various multi-family and residential developments throughout Florida.
- Representing a national home building corporation in various construction defect lawsuits filed by single-family homeowners.
- Representing owners, general contractors, and subcontractors in complex multi-party and third-party litigation matters.
- Representing and advising owners, general contractors, and subcontractors in construction transactional matters.
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section (Articles Coordinator, 2019-present)
- Young Lawyers Division
- HCBA Bar Leadership Institute (2018-2019)
- HCBA Bar Leadership Institute, Co-Chair (2021-2022)
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. - Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- NexGen Leadership Class of 2020
- The Junior League of Tampa: Leadership Council (2018-2020)
News & Insights
- 8.17.23Firm News
- 6.27.23Firm News
- 8.18.22Firm News
- 7.1.22Firm News
- 9.21.21Firm News
- 8.19.21Firm News
- 6.23.21Firm News
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 8.7.19Firm News
- 10.2.18Firm News
- Somerset Chase Homeowners Ass’n, Inc. v. CalAtlantic Group, Inc., et al., Case No. 17-CA-5546 (Orange County, Complex Business Litigation Div.), 27 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 246a (April 24, 2019).
- State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co. v. First Choice Care Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Center, Inc., et al., Case No. 14-CA-285 (Polk County), 22 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 1028a, aff’d, 2D15-1046 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2016) (Feb. 17, 2015).
- Contestabile v. Attys’ Title Ins. Fund, Inc., Case No. 13-CA-3972 (Orange County, Complex Business Litigation Div.), 22 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 1025a (Jan. 7, 2015).