Hill Ward Henderson’s Construction & Design attorneys have many decades of combined experience in advising and assisting clients throughout all phases of commercial and residential construction projects, from pre-construction planning, negotiating, bidding, contracting, and design, through project management, construction, and completion. We also work closely with attorneys in our firm’s Land Use and Real Estate groups to provide comprehensive assistance to clients in the early planning and development stages of a project.
Our clients include private developers, government agencies, general contractors and design-build contractors, homebuilders, construction managers, subcontractors, and suppliers, as well as architects, engineers, and other design professionals.
We advise clients and protect their interests pursuant to all applicable Florida laws, regulations, and industry standards, including:
- Florida Building Code (Chapter 553, Florida Statutes)
- Construction Defects (Chapter 558, Florida Statutes)
- Construction/Mechanic’s Liens (Chapter 713, Florida Statutes)
- Construction Contracting and Licensing (Chapter 489, Florida Statutes)
- Construction and Design Professionals (Chapter 471 (Engineers) and Chapter 481 (Architects), Florida Statutes)
- Bidding (Chapter 255, Florida Statutes)
- Insurance (Chapters 624, 627, Florida Statutes)
- Bonds (Chapters 255, 627, Florida Statutes)
- Condominium Association Laws (Chapter 718, Florida Statutes)
- Homeowner Association Laws (Chapter 720, Florida Statutes)
"They are client-focused and do a great job." Client quote, Chambers USA 2022.
"A very, very strong local firm when it comes to construction litigation and contracting." Client quote, Chambers USA 2021.
- We represent Strategic Property Partners, LLC and serve as lead counsel on design, construction, and consulting contracts for Water Street Tampa, a $3 billion, 50+ acre mixed-use walkable urban redevelopment project in Tampa, Florida.
- We represent the Tampa Bay Lightning, a National Hockey League franchise, on renovations to Amalie Arena, an entertainment venue in Tampa FL. We serve as lead counsel on the design and construction of the facility as well as the latest renovations on the arena’s infrastructure, plumbing, air conditioning, fire protection, generator and technology systems and equipment
- We represent a utility company as lead counsel on construction and design claims pertaining to coal, gas and renewable energy based power stations throughout West Central Florida.
- We represent the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, an NFL franchise, and serve as lead counsel on the design and construction contracts for the stadium known as Raymond James Stadium, and the franchise's practice and football operations facilities as well as the latest renovations to the stadium’s infrastructure, luxury suites, scoreboard, locker rooms and concession areas.
- We represent Camden Property Trust, a publicly traded real estate investment trust that develops, builds and manages multifamily apartment communities across the country, on various design and construction transactions and claims throughout the state of Florida and beyond. In addition, we serve as a national coordinating counsel for construction, engineering and administrative legal issues that may affect their properties across multiple jurisdictions.
- We negotiated and drafted agreements on behalf of a publicly traded renewable energy company with a county government regarding the construction, operation and management of a $107 million waste-to-energy facility, and served as lead counsel for the company regarding extra work and delay claims arising from construction.
We represented Lemartec Corporation and served as lead counsel on a Design- Build Agreement with Miami-Dade County, Florida, for a new cruise terminal for Carnival Cruise Lines.
We represented The Beck Group and served as lead counsel on construction of the Judy Genshaft Honors College at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida.
News & Insights
- 11.4.21Firm News
- 5.20.21Firm News
- 11.5.20Firm News
- 4.23.20Firm News
- 11.1.19Firm News
- 4.25.19Firm News