Rocco Cafaro is board certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar. Generally, his practice involves litigation, arbitration, and transactional work. More specifically, these areas of practice include construction defect, property damage, personal injury claims, lien foreclosure actions, payment and performance bond claims, design negligence and construction defects. His practice also involves the preparation and negotiation of various contract documents related to the construction industry.
Before joining the firm, Rocco played professional baseball for the Baltimore Orioles organization and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays organization. Rocco and his wife, Katie, stay busy keeping up with their four children. He coaches multiple youth baseball teams and claims to be staying in shape for a future comeback. The firm is supportive, but skeptical.
Rocco and his family are active in their church and in various community organizations.
- Florida Super Lawyers (2018-2021)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2010-2012)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite (2010-2011, 2013-2016)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite - Up and Comers (2007-2008)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2018-2021)
Credentials & Experience
University of South Florida, B.A., 1997, magna cum laude
Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2001, Honors
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
All Florida State Courts
All Federal Courts in Florida
- Lead trial counsel in successful representation of construction design professionals in a two-week jury trial that concluded with a favorable verdict.
- Lead trial counsel successfully representing national restaurant chain in federal court against personal injury allegations.
- Lead trial counsel representing national homebuilder in dozens of lawsuits and arbitration claims, including multiple matters that were successfully defended in arbitration through Final Hearing and Award.
- Lead counsel advising several local auto dealerships in negotiating and drafting contract documents for construction improvements to showroom and dealership facilities.
- Lead counsel advising local technology company on construction of new offices and testing facility.
- Lead counsel advising local restaurant owner on construction contracting for improvements to restaurant.
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Florida Independent Concrete & Associated Products, Inc. (FICAP): Associate Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Transportation Builders Association
News & Insights
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 6.5.20Firm News
- 8.16.18Firm News
- 6.25.18Firm News
- 8.15.17Firm News
- 8.15.16Firm News
- 7.9.15Firm News
- 7.1.13Firm News
- 3.20.12Firm News
Articles & Publications
- "From Chinese Ports to American Courts, and Beyond: An Overview of Chinese Drywall in the United States." (Emily Whelchel, Lara Tibbals, co-presenters). ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Annual Spring CLE and Leadership Forum, May, 2011.
- 2010: American Bar Association (Speaker and Author -- “Chinese Drywall Multi-District Litigation”)
- 2012: National Business Institute (Speaker and Author – Construction Insurance)
- 2012: National Business Institute (Speaker and Author – Litigation Ethics)
- 2015: National Association of Credit Managers (Speaker)
- 2016: National Association of Credit Managers (Speaker)
- 2018: Visiting Lecturer at Florida State University College of Law (Florida Civil Procedure)
- 2019: National Association of Credit Managers (Speaker)
- JC Money Center v. Norris Systems, LLCSlip Copy (Table, Text in WESTLAW), Unpublished Disposition 2012 WL 209439 2D11-95District Court of Appeal of Florida, Second District. January 25, 2012
- Acciard v. WhitneyNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2007 WL 4557256 207CV-476-FTM-34SPCUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Fort Myers Division. December 21, 2007
- Gottlieb v. Hansen Homes of South Florida, Inc.22 So.3d 79 (Table, Text in WESTLAW), Unpublished Disposition 2009 WL 3792457 2D09-2095District Court of Appeal of Florida, Second District. November 13, 2009
- Acciard v. WhitneyNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2009 WL 8174976 2:07-CV-476-FTM-99United States District Court, M.D. Florida, Ft. Myers Division. May 18, 2009
- Mackillop v. Parliament Coach Corp.Not Reported in F.Supp.2d 2009 WL 3430072 09-CV-1939-T-23TBMUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. October 21, 2009
- Acciard v. WhitneyNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2008 WL 5120772 2:07-CV-476-UADNFUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. December 04, 2008
- Acciard v. WhitneyNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2008 WL 5120820 2:07-CV-476UA-DNFUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. December 04, 2008
- Acciard v. WhitneyNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2008 WL 5120901 207-CV-476-UADNFUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. December 04, 2008
- Acciard v. WhitneyNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2011 WL 4552564 2:07-CV-00476-FTM-36United States District Court, M.D. Florida, Ft. Myers Division. September 30, 2011
- Acciard v. WhitneyNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2008 WL 5120898 207-CV-476-UA-DNFUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. December 04, 2008
Board Certified by the Florida Bar
Board Certified in Construction Law