Ryan Leuthauser prioritizes clients’ interests in resolving a broad array of challenges and disputes.
Ryan's practice focuses on business divorces, including non-compete, trade secret, business ownership, and employer-employee disputes. It also includes the litigation of defamation, antitrust, and a variety of warranty, products liability, and other commercial and tort claims.
During law school, Ryan served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and for The Honorable Edward C. LaRose at Florida’s Second District Court of Appeal.
After graduating from the University of Florida and before attending law school, Ryan worked for seven years in supply chain management at the world’s largest third-party logistics company. Outside of the office, Ryan cherishes time with his wife, daughter, and two dogs, and supports live music events and cheering on the Florida Gators.
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017-2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America® : Ones to Watch (2021-2024)
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite (2021-2022)
Credentials & Experience
University of Florida, B.A., 2001, High Honors
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- Stetson Law Review, Assistant Editor
- Moot Court Board
- Teaching Assistant: Legal Research and Writing
- Phi Delta Phi
- Highest Grade Awards in Legal Research and Writing, Florida Constitutional Law
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
- Representing fast-food chain against former CEO in lawsuit alleging breach of redemption and nonsolicititation agreement.
- Representing patient monitoring accessories company against its founder in lawsuit alleging breach of noncompetition, nonsolicitation, and confidentiality restrictive covenants, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Representing leading New Orleans-based automobile and boat detailing services company against marine foam decking company in arbitration alleging breach of exclusivity and noncompetition agreement.
- Representing former CEO against blockchain technology company in federal court lawsuit alleging breach of confidentiality, nondisparagement, and nonsolicitation obligations and defeating motion for preliminary injunction.
- Representing former managers of sinkhole repair company in lawsuit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duties, and tortious interference.
- Representing a 340B Drug Pricing Program administrator against CVS in federal court antitrust lawsuit alleging an illegal tie of pharmacy services to 340B administrator services.
- Representing founder of medical aesthetic business against cosmetic surgery center in federal court lawsuit alleging theft of customer list and defeating motion for preliminary injunction.
- Representing consumer product marketing data and technology analyst against former employer, a marketing media company, in lawsuit alleging violations of noncompete and confidentiality agreement.
- Representing damage-restoration company in several disputes against competitors and former employees involving alleged of violations of restrictive covenant employment agreements and tortious interference with business relationships.
- Representing medical device company in lawsuits in state and federal court against former device representatives and competitor alleging breaches of restrictive covenant agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, and patent and copyright infringement.
- Representing several commercial real estate brokers in commission disputes with former employers.
- Representing geothermal and water well drilling company against rig manufacturer in lawsuit alleging breaches of purchase contract, UCC warranties, and fraud and tort claims.
- Representing pharmaceutical company against distributor in arbitration of multimillion dollar licensing and royalty fee dispute.
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
Frameworks: Board of Directors
- Hillsborough Education Foundation: Advocacy Committee
- Leadership Tampa Bay (Class of 2016)
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association: Trial and Litigation Section
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
News & Insights
- 8.17.23Firm News
- 8.18.22Firm News
- 7.1.22Firm News
- 6.29.22Firm News
- 8.19.21Firm News
- 6.23.21Firm News
- 1.19.21Firm News
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 6.5.20Firm News
- 6.25.18Firm News
- 6.8.17Firm News
Articles & Publications
- "FTC’s Proposed Rule to Ban Noncompetes May Have Significant Effect on Healthcare Industry" HR Daily Advisor, June 29, 2023
Castellano Cosmetic Surgery Ctr., P.A. v. Rashae Doyle, P.A., 8:21-CV-1088-KKM-CPT, 2021 WL 3188432, at *1 (M.D. Fla. July 28, 2021).
Bloom Protocol LLC v. Arone, 6:21-CV-756-CEM-LRH, 2021 WL 4935747 (M.D. Fla. May 18, 2021).
Life Care Centers of Am., Inc. v. Croft, 299 So. 3d 588 (Fla. 2d DCA 2020), review denied, SC20-1158, 2020 WL 6013239 (Fla. Oct. 12, 2020).
O'Donnell v. W.F. Taylor Co., Inc., 292 So. 3d 785 (Fla. 4th DCA 2020).
Thomas v. Winnebago Indus., Inc., 8:16-CV-177-T-23TGW, 2017 WL 2348789 (M.D. Fla. May 30, 2017).
Cici Enterprises, LP v. Four Word Motion, LLC, 616CV1679ORL41KRS, 2016 WL 9245115, at *1 (M.D. Fla. Oct. 20, 2016).