Tori Simmons is a compassionate advocate for her clients and for the underserved exemplified in her community and pro bono service.
Tori focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. She represents clients in a variety of business disputes and class action litigation in state and federal court. In addition to her general commercial litigation practice, Tori represents individuals and firms in professional liability matters.
Tori is actively involved in the community and serves on the Board of Directors for Feeding Tampa Bay, a nonprofit providing food to over 1 million food insecure families in the 10-county area of West Central Florida. She also serves on the Board of Directors for Bay Area Legal Services, which provides free civil legal services to low-income Tampa Bay area residents. Tori also devotes a significant amount of time to pro bono service, representing Tampa residents in civil rights, family law, guardian advocacy, and domestic violence matters. She also represents teens in foster care through Crossroads for Florida Kids.
She is also active in several professional associations, including the National Association of Women Lawyers and the Defense Research Institute National Steering Committee for Commercial Litigation.
Outside of the office, Tori enjoys reading and following sports.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch (2021-2023)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2019-2022)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite - Up and Comers (2020)
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Up and Comer Under 30 (2016)
- 2019 Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Service Award
- 2018 Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Outstanding Pro Bono Service by a Young Lawyer
- H.E.L.P. Clinic's Dedicated Service to The Pro Bono Project Award (2017)
- TAMPA Magazine's Top Lawyers (2023)
- Antitrust Law
Credentials & Experience
University of Central Arkansas, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Duke Law Moot Court Board
- Alaska Law Review
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers
Federal Bar Association
National Association of Women Lawyers
All Florida State Courts
All Florida Federal Courts
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Obtained multi-million dollar arbitration award for investment bank and successfully defended challenge to award in federal court and on appeal to the United States District Court of Appeals
- Obtained favorable settlement for plaintiff in federal antitrust suit against Fortune 100 company.
- Advised multiple state-wide cooperatives regarding antitrust compliance.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of putative class action claim against financial company.
- Obtained successful resolution of multiple claims in putative class action against Am Law 200 law firm.
- Obtained dismissal of breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims involving multi-national business dispute.
- Obtained favorable settlement for global technology company in lawsuit with former business associate.
- Obtained favorable resolution of dispute regarding asset purchase agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment and an award of attorneys’ fees in favor of AmLaw 200 firm in legal malpractice lawsuit.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of malpractice claims against accountant and accounting firm.
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Awards Committee: Co-Chair (2020 - present)
- Feeding Tampa Bay: Board Member (2019 - present)
- Trinity Cafe: Board of Directors (2017 - 2019)
- Crossroads for Florida Kids: Pro Bono Attorney ad litem (2016 - present)
- Bay Area Legal Services Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Pro Bono Attorney (2014 - present)
- Board of Directors (2019 - present)
- Domestic Violence Assistance Project: Pro Bono Attorney (2016 - present)
- H.E.L.P. (Homeless Experience Legal Protection): Volunteer coordinator (2014 - Present)
- DRI National Steering Committee for Commercial Litigation: Substantive Law Groups Chair
News & Insights
- 1.3.23Firm News
- 8.18.22Firm News
- 7.1.22Firm News
- 1.13.22Firm News
- 8.19.21Firm News
- 6.23.21Firm News
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 6.22.20Firm News
- 6.5.20Firm News
- 3.11.20Firm News
- 1.15.19Firm News
- 12.18.18Firm News
- 6.1.17Firm News
- 12.7.16Firm News
Articles & Publications
- The New Greek Bonds: More Than Meets the Eye. (Vol. 8, No. 3, July 2013). Capital Markets Law Journal (Oxford University Press).