Matt’s practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions transactions as well as general corporate advice. Matt has represented a diverse set of clients, including public, privately held, private equity and strategic, across a range of deal types. Matt has experience with acquisitive private equity clients, at the point of acquisition and upon exit. Matt has also seen a variety of client industry types during the course of his deal work experience including HVAC, electrical and plumbing providers, industrial, construction material suppliers, medical practices, food product manufacturers, medical device suppliers, and automotive. Matt has also advised privately held companies and their owners with respect to corporate governance, entity formation, equity restructuring, related party transactions, and various other corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt worked in the Washington D.C. area office of a Big 4 accounting firm where he performed M&A tax due diligence and participated in advising on M&A deal structures and tax risks.
Outside of the office, Matt enjoys playing golf, traveling with his wife, Lauren, cheering on the Florida Gators, and relaxing with his cats, Guinness and Gatsby.
Credentials & Experience
University of Florida, B.A., cum laude, 2014
University of Florida, Levin College of Law, cum laude, 2017
New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2018
The Florida Bar
- Representing a private equity client in approximately 75 acquisitions of targets nationwide since 2021
- Representing Coastal Construction Products, a portfolio company of Supply Chain Equity, in its acquisition by Beacon Roofing (Nasdaq: BECN)
- Representing a commercial plumbing and septic client in its sale to a private equity backed buyer
- Representing a privately held client in its sale of a 51% interest to a strategic buyer
- Representing a private equity client in its acquisition of a healthcare marketing company
- Representing a privately held client in its acquisition of a strategic industrial target
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Clearwater Young Professionals: Chairperson (2024)
News & Insights
- 6.23.21Firm News