Our Healthcare Group offers a wide range of services to a variety of clients within the healthcare industry. Advising our healthcare clients demands technical expertise and a unique approach to problem solving. Hill Ward Henderson collaborates with its clients to find practical solutions to the complex regulatory and business issues challenging them within this unique environment.
We provide advice and assistance to our healthcare clients across a broad spectrum of state and federal regulatory issues, as well as transactional and operational matters. We also provide our healthcare clients a full spectrum of litigation services and administrative representation. Our attorneys have successfully litigated several significant cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts covering many aspects of healthcare law.
We work with a broad range of clients within this professional arena:
- Health Service Providers
- Hospitals and health systems
- Physicians and physician group practices
- Skilled nursing, assisted living, rehabilitation and psychiatric facilities
- Home health agencies and hospices
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Ancillary services and DME providers
- Diagnostic companies, including IDTFs and imaging centers
- Trade associations
- Healthcare suppliers and distributors
- Information and medical technology companies
- Pharmaceutical, medical device and life science companies
As a full-service law firm, we have a platform to provide our healthcare clients a comprehensive suite of legal services that includes labor and employment law, ERISA and employee benefits, white-collar criminal representation and all aspects of real estate and development.
- Obtained a significant trial victory for our large, multi-national laboratory client. Held in Jacksonville, Florida, this jury trial included a defendant physician who was accused of failing to diagnose cancer that resulted in the patient’s death. The damages sought were in excess of $5 Million.
- Successfully represented our large, multi-national laboratory client in a medical malpractice defense verdict. Following a seven-day trial in Florida’s Fourth Judicial Circuit, the jury came back within just 42 minutes with a unanimous verdict in favor of our client.