Connolly McArthur has extensive experience representing long-term care communities, including assisted living facilities and nursing homes, from pre-suit through final resolution.
Connolly’s representation of long-term care communities includes defending resident’s rights and premises liability claims and drafting and enforcing arbitration agreements. She has authored numerous successful appeals in this area of law, including Tandem Health Care v. Whitney, Alterra Health Care v. Linton, Alterra Health Care v. Bryant, McKibbin v. Alterra Health Care, and Himmelmann v. Alterra Health Care. She also represents medical professionals in claims made by their patients and the Department of Health. As a Certified Circuit Mediator, Connolly brings considerable experience in personal injury litigation assisting others to resolve their disputes.
Outside of the office, Connolly enjoys spending time with her family and friends, college football, boating, growing orchids, and walking with her golden retriever, Sadie.
Credentials & Experience
University of Southern Mississippi, B.S., 1986, Honors
University of Southern Mississippi, M.B.A., 1987
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1996, Honors
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Clearwater Bar Association
U.S. Federal Court, Middle District of Florida
- Representing large national nursing home and assisted living companies in Florida negligence matters from presuit through trial.
- Representing multi-state regional nursing home company in Florida negligence matters from presuit through trial.
- Representing small nursing home and assisted living operators in Florida negligence matters from presuit through trial.
- Representing large national bank in premises liability matters.
- Representing nursing home and assisted living companies in arbitration enforcement matters.
- Drafting arbitration and residency agreements for nursing home and assisted living facility companies.
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Certified Circuit Mediator
- RCS Pinellas: Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute
- Clearwater Bar Association
- President-Elect (2023-2024)
- Board of Directors
- Clearwater Bar Foundation Board of Trustees
- Morton Plant Mease Foundation Women In Philanthropy Steering Committee
News & Insights
- 4.12.23Firm News
- 9.21.22Firm News
- 1.13.22Firm News
- 4.7.21Firm News
- 8.13.19Firm News
- 10.17.18Firm News
- 1.24.18Firm News