Justin Wallace's practice primarily involves federal and state tax planning for business transactions, including the tax consequences arising from formation, operation, ownership, and sale of C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Justin also works closely with developers and investors in real estate transactions, including investments in qualified opportunity zones. He also engages in general business and corporate matters.
During law school at the Florida State University, Justin was a judicial intern for Chief Justice Ricky Polston of the Florida Supreme Court. After graduating from law school, Justin obtained his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law, where he received the Dean’s Merit Scholarship.
Outside the office, Justin enjoys fishing and watching sports, especially UCF and FSU football.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch (2021-2022)
Credentials & Experience
University of Central Florida, B.S., 2007: Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity (President 2006)
Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Florida State University Law Review, Member
- Book Award: Taxation, Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, International Tax, Gratuitous Transfers, Complex Civil Litigation and Professional Responsibility
New York University School of Law, LL.M., 2014: Nina W. Werblow Tax Fellowship
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program: Volunteer Tax Preparer, 2013
News & Insights
Articles & Publications
- Annual symposium of the Trusts and Estates Section of the Collier County Bar Association, Qualified Opportunity Zones, February 7, 2020, Naples, FL.
- 2019 Annual Convention of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar, Over the Rainbow to the Land of OZ, Clearwater Beach, FL. This presentation has also been converted into a webinar for section members.
- Firm client, Franklin Street’s Annual Sales Symposium, Investments in Qualified Opportunity Zones, July 29, 2019, Tampa, FL. Franklin Street is one of the fastest growing full-service commercial real estate firms in the southeast.
- Annual meeting of the Tax Section of The Florida Bar, Update on Investments in Qualified Opportunity Zones, May 2, 2019, Orlando, FL.
- Hill Ward Henderson’s Real Estate and Construction Spotlight, Investments in Qualified Opportunity Zones, March 5, 2019, Tampa, FL.
- The Florida Bar Journal, The Yellow Brick Road to [Q]OZ Becomes Clearer, January/February 2020. Available at: https://www.floridabar.org/the-florida-bar-journal/the-yellow-brick-road-to-qoz-becomes-clearer/
- The National Law Review, New Proposed Regulations Provide Additional Clarity for Investments in Qualified Opportunity Funds, April 24, 2019. Available at: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/new-proposed-regulations-provide-additional-clarity-investments-qualified
- Served as co-author of The Florida Bar Tax Section’s comments to the Proposed Regulations under Section 1400Z-2 (Qualified Opportunity Zones) submitted to the Internal Revenue Service. Available at: https://www.regulations.gov/contentStreamer?