Patrick Mosley focuses his practice on bankruptcy and creditors' rights, corporate reorganizations and restructurings, and commercial litigation. He regularly represents distressed companies, unsecured creditors' committees, and purchasers of assets in all aspects of the bankruptcy process. He also works with secured and unsecured creditors in workouts, non-bankruptcy corporate reorganizations, and acquisitions of troubled businesses.
Patrick's corporate practice includes general corporate advice, mergers and acquisitions, institutional lending, real property purchase and sale transactions, and commercial development.
Prior to joining the firm, Patrick served as a law clerk to the Honorable Colleen A. Brown, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Vermont, and the Honorable Catherine Peek McEwen, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Middle District of Florida.
Outside the office, he enjoys golfing, hunting and spending time with his wife and daughters.
- Florida Super Lawyers (2018-2022)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-2017)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite - Up and Comers (2012)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Leadership Institute (2012-2013; 2018-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2020-2023)
- 89th Annual National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges: Next Generation Program (2015)
- TAMPA Magazine's Top Lawyers (2023)
- Creditor Rights
Insolvency & Reorganization Law
- Litigation: Bankruptcy
Credentials & Experience
Southern Methodist University, B.A., 2002, cum laude
Vermont Law School, J.D., 2006, cum laude
- Articles Editor, Vermont Journal of Environmental Law
- Awarded American Bankruptcy Institute's Medal of Excellence
- Dean's Scholarship for Academic Excellence
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar: Business Law Section
Hillsborough County Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association: Board of Directors (2013-2015)
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association: Board of Directors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee: Law Firm Subcommittee (2013-2014)
- Ferguson White Inn of Court
News & Insights
- 1.3.23Firm News
- 8.18.22Firm News
- 7.1.22Firm News
- 8.19.21Firm News
- 6.23.21Firm News
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 6.5.20Firm News
- 6.25.18Firm News
- 6.8.17Firm News
- 6.15.16Firm News
- 1.14.16Firm News
- 6.11.15Firm News
Articles & Publications
- “Commercial Foreclosures and Real Property Law.” Speaker. Florida Bar Real Property CLE Seminar, 2013.
- Commercial Foreclosures in Florida. (2013) Florida Bar Real Property CLE Seminar.
- Mortgage Foreclosure Process. (2011) Florida Bar Real Property CLE Seminar.
- “Foreclosure and Real Property Law.” Speaker. Florida Bar Real Property CLE Seminar, 2011.
- At Your Service: A Guide to Local Service Requirements. (June 2009). Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association's Cramdown.
- Handy Guide to Relevant Deadlines in Small Business Chapter 11 Cases (June 2009). Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association's Cramdown.