Sara Qureshi's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and partnerships, federal and state taxation, as well as, general corporate advice. Sara has represented various companies and practices in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity formation and tax reporting and compliance matters.
While in law school, Sara externed for both state and federal court judges, where she gained invaluable practical experience.
After law school, Sara obtained her Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, wherein she graduated at the top of her class.
Sara resides in South Tampa with her Corgi named Yoda. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, photography, watching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and college football (Go Gators!).
- Naples Illustrated 'Top Lawyers', Tax Law (2019-2020)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020)
Credentials & Experience
Florida Gulf Coast University, B.S., 2014, magna cum laude
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law , J.D., 2017, magna cum laude
- Dean’s Writing Fellow
- Book Award Recipient: Legal Research and Writing I, Legal Research and Writing II (Best Appellate Brief in Section), Federal Rules of Evidence, Rights, Children, and the Law, and Bar Essay Writing.
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity Int’l, Society of Scholars; Women Lawyers Association, Distinguished Student Leader Award; Student Bar Association, Senator of the Month; 2017 National Order of the Scribes, Member.
- Academic Activities: Child & Family Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief (2016-17), Associate Editor (2015-16); National Conference of Law Reviews, Executive Board Treasurer (2016-17); Volunteer Income Tax Program, Certified Tax Preparer; ABA Law Student Division, 5th Circuit (FL, GA, PR) Lieutenant Governor (2016-17); Teaching Assistant for Legal Research & Writing; Research Assistant; and Women Lawyers Association, CFAWL Executive Liaison.
University of Florida College of Law, LL.M., 2018
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Abuse Counseling & Treatment, Inc.
- Past Vice President, Board of Director
The Florida Bar
- Florida Bar Business Law Section
- Florida Bar Tax Law Section: Member of Federal Tax LLC Subcommittee
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Section
News & Insights
Articles & Publications
- Speaker | 28th Annual HR Law & Solutions Webinar presented by Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A. (September 10, 2020)
- Panelist | Webinar with Southwest Florida Community Foundation, Paycheck Protection Program Loan: Safe Harbor Compliance Updates (June 10, 2020)
- Panelist | Webinar with WINK News and Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. : Tax Law Changes Amidst COVID-19: Further Guidance Providing Relief to Individuals and Small Businesses (May 1, 2020)
- Panelist | Webinar with WINK News and Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc.: The Coronavirus Stimulus Package: Tax Relief for Individuals and Small Businesses (April 3, 2020)
- Guest Panelist | Webinar: COVID-19 and Its Impact on HR Policies and Procedures (March 20, 2020)
- Speaker | Florida Bar Tax Section Organizational Meeting: 2019 updates to Subchapter S Corporations and C Corporations (focus on Section 163(j) of the Internal Revenue Code) (July 4, 2019)
- Author |Blog: IRS Provides Tips for Last-Minute Tax Filers (July 15, 2020)
- Author |Blog: IRS Extends More Tax Deadlines and Provides CARES Act Guidance (April 15, 2020)
- Author |Blog: IRS Warns of Stimulus Scammers (April 3, 2020)
- Co-Author |Blog: Florida Extends Deadline for Certain Entity and Tax Filings (March 30, 2020)
- Author |Blog: IRS Unveils the New “People First Initiative” (March 26, 2020)
- Co-Author |Blog: The Impact of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (March 26, 2020, updated March 28, 2020)
- Co-Author |Blog: IRS Extends April 15 Tax Deadline (March 21, 2020)
- Co-Author |Blog: Addressing Employer Shared Responsibility Payment Penalties under the Affordable Care Act (February 13, 2020); Article also published in the Business Observer.
- Author |Blog: Business Owners, BEWARE: Business Identity Theft is on the Rise (March 20, 2019)
- Author |Comment: Utilizing Florida’s Stance on Domestic Violence Laws Regarding Same-Sex Couples as an Effective Model for National Uniformity, 28 FLA. J.L. & PUB. POL’Y 1 (2017).
- Author |Article: Advice for New Lawyers Who Are Approaching Their First Mediation or Settlement Discussion, WOMAN ADVOC. COMM. NEWSL. (ABA Section of Litig.), Summer 2016.