Sarah’s practice focuses on Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights and Commercial Litigation. She regularly represents businesses, secured and unsecured creditors, and financial institutions in all aspects of the bankruptcy process. She also represents clients in pre-bankruptcy workouts and restructurings, commercial foreclosures, and judgment enforcement proceedings.
Before joining the firm, Sarah served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kevin C. Newsom on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Following her clerkship, she represented life sciences companies, insurers, real estate companies, and growers’ associations in high-stakes and appellate litigation throughout the federal and state court systems, with a focus on legal strategy, motion practice, and appeals. She also represented clients in pro bono immigration, criminal, and civil cases, through briefing before state and federal appellate courts.
Sarah received her J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law, where she was a Dean’s Scholar and Hugo L. Black Scholar Award recipient, and she served as a senior editor for the Alabama Law Review. During law school, Sarah was an Honors Intern for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. She held a Top Secret security clearance and spent over a year attached to a white-collar-crime squad in the FBI’s Birmingham Field Office.
Sarah earned a B.S.B.A. in Economics and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Florida, where she was a member of the University Honors Program. She worked as a research assistant for the College of Medicine’s Institute for Child Health Policy, conducting research to promote the health of children, adolescents, and young adults with a focus on examining factors that contribute to disparities in health and healthcare outcomes for minority and underserved children and youth. Sarah later worked as an assistant in the overarching Department of Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics. She was also a teaching and research assistant in the undergraduate business law program.
Sarah is a fifth-generation Floridian and proud Florida Gator. She is an avid hockey fan and loves cheering on the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Credentials & Experience
- Honorable Kevin C. Newsom, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2019–2020
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., cum laude, 2016
- University of Florida, B.A., cum laude, 2016
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
The Alabama Bar
The Florida Bar
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Hillsborough County Chapter
- Birmingham Bar Association
News & Insights
- 12.21.23Firm News