Our Insurance Coverage Litigation Group represents insured and insurers in disputes regarding coverage under a variety of insurance policies. From the outset, our attorneys treat these disputes as problems to be solved efficiently and inexpensively, rather than wars to be fought at significant expense to the client. We look for ways to bring matters to an early and successful resolution. Our group is well-equipped to litigate and try complex cases, and has substantial experience doing so, but strives to help clients avoid this expensive and often inefficient means of resolving disputes when possible.
Our attorneys have handled cases involving a wide range of insurance coverage matters including:
- Actions to determine an insurer's obligation to defend or indemnify an insured
- Actions to determine whether a given policy insures a claimed loss
- Actions to rescind coverage
- Actions to rescind liability insurance coverage due to misrepresentations
- Assisting insurers to comply with its "good faith" obligations to its insureds
Attorneys in this group frequently provide advice and counsel to clients in insurance-related disputes before litigation has commenced by analyzing policies, providing advice regarding how to proceed with respect to a coverage dispute, writing coverage opinion letters for insurers, or responding on behalf of insureds to coverage denial and reservation of rights letters from insurers.