Chris Branton's practice primarily involves the defense of products liability, personal injury tort claims, and consumer litigation claims against automobile dealerships regarding sales, Finance & Insurance and advertising practices. He is also involved in the firm’s commercial litigation and criminal defense practices. He litigates in court and arbitration throughout the state of Florida and has defended numerous product manufacturers and dealerships at trial and arbitration.
Chris is active in both professional and Bar-related activities. He serves on the Defense Research Institute Products Liability Steering Committee, is a member of the National Association of Dealer Counsel, and is involved in the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Tort, Trial, and Insurance Practice Section. Chris also serves as an Attorney Ad Litem for the Juvenile Delinquency Division of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit and is on the Board of Directors of the Tampa Bay Seminole Club.
Credentials & Experience
Florida State University, B.S., 2000, magna cum laude
Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2004
- Mock Trial Team
- Phi Delta Phi
- Supreme Court Justice
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
All Florida State Courts
All Federal Courts in Florida
Recent representative experience includes:
- Secured trial victory of Tampa-based automobile dealership in case involving alleged deceptive trade practices and breach of contract.
- Obtained trial victory of Sarasota-based automobile dealership regarding breach of contract, truth in lending allegations, and financing representations.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of Atlanta-based automobile dealership on claims of fraud and deceptive trade practice allegations.
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Tampa Bay Seminole Club: Board of Directors
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- American Bar Association: Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Attorney Ad Litem: 13th Judicial Circuit Juvenile Delinquency Division
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- In re Standard Jury Instructions in Civil Cases--Report No. 09-10 (Products Liability)91 So.3d 785 2012 WL 1722576 SC09-1264Supreme Court of Florida. May 17, 2012
- Mackillop v. Parliament Coach Corp.Not Reported in F.Supp.2d 2009 WL 3430072 09-CV-1939-T-23TBMUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. October 21, 2009
- Brady v. Chrysler GroupNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2008 WL 1957988 07-14394-CIVUnited States District Court, S.D. Florida. May 05, 2008
- Stephens v. Louisville Ladder, Inc.Not Reported in F.Supp.2d 2008 WL 906724 806-CV-2299-T-30MSSUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. March 31, 2008
- Stephens v. Louisville Ladder, Inc.Not Reported in F.Supp.2d 2008 WL 824218 8:06-CV-2299-T-30MSSUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. March 25, 2008
- Stephens v. Louisville Ladder, Inc.Not Reported in F.Supp.2d 2007 WL 1099101 8:06CV2299 T30MSSUnited States District Court, M.D. Florida, Tampa Division. April 10, 2007
- Bailey as Personal Representative of Bailey v. Freightliner, LLCNot Reported in F.Supp.2d 2007 WL 5100097 05-14354-CIVUnited States District Court, S.D. Florida. January 16, 2007