Our Corporate Compliance and Investigations Group focuses on handling a variety of matters with the commitment to protect the legal rights of our clients. We represent Boards of Directors, Special Committees, and Corporations (private and public) in all aspects of internal, criminal and government investigations and prosecutions.
We also handle matters on behalf of individuals facing felony or misdemeanor charges as well as entities or individuals who have been the victim of a crime.
Our attorneys have extensive investigative experience and include former federal and state prosecutors. Hill Ward Henderson represents clients in multiple forums as well as various types of state and federal investigations and litigation.
Representative matters include:
- Leading internal investigations for an industrial plant explosion working with multiple federal, state, and local authorities
- Working with a Fortune 500 company on internal investigations relating to operations
- Working with a substantial trust organization on an internal investigation
- Assisted financial institution located in Central America with internal investigation
- Providing compliance training to public and private companies
- Representing corporations and individuals identified as targets in state and federal criminal or other investigations
- Representing individuals charged with fraud, including securities fraud, in multi-jurisdictional criminal investigation
- Representing corporations in Qui Tam prosecutions brought by state and federal authorities
In addition, we work with individuals and families in the following types of representative matters:
- Navigating sensitive and/or confidential situations through legal counsel
- Working with families to represent minors accused of criminal conduct
- Death investigations involving possible criminal or civil implications
The firm believes that a successful strategy begins at the initial investigation stage and continues, if necessary, through all available appeals. We are committed to seeking quick and efficient resolutions to matters and are prepared to work with prosecutors to seek just and appropriate outcomes.
With our attorneys’ years of experience and background, the firm stands ready to protect its clients and their interests and provide counsel. We pride ourselves on the ability to combine our knowledge of our clients and their affairs, and the laws affecting them to provide our clients with excellent counsel.