Eric Hall is a corporate lawyer who spends most of his time representing clients in merger and acquisition transactions. He counsels public and private companies and private equity funds, advising them on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, strategic investments, spin-offs and split-ups, carveout deals, and corporate governance matters. Eric is experienced in advising acquirors and targets in transactions, and he represents clients in several different industries, including technology, insurance, automotive, financial services, real estate and construction, health care, and consumer, food and retail industries. Eric also supports clients on various other corporate matters when needed.
Eric is a speaker at continuing legal education seminars and other events on mergers and acquisitions and various other corporate matters. He is a member of the Florida Bar Business Law Section and the American Bar Association Business Law Section. He is also involved in the Mergers & Acquisitions Committee of the American Bar Association Business Law Section, and was a contributor to its M&A Carveout Transactions Deal Point Study.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyer, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity (2020-2021)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2010)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2021)
Credentials & Experience
University of Florida, B.S., 1997, Honors
University of Florida, M.A., 1997
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2000, Honors
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, LL.M., 2004
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Represented public companies in implementing their national acquisition strategies.
- Represented founders in the sale of their companies to private equity funds and strategic competitors.
- Represented private equity funds in platform acquisitions and implementing add-on acquisition and exit strategies.
- Represented private equity sponsored companies in carveout sales of a business division.
- Represented venture capital investors in sales of companies in which they held an investment.
- Represented public companies in negotiated tender offer sales to acquirors (including a transaction awarded by the M&A Advisor as the Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year (under $250 million)).
News & Insights
- 5.20.21Firm News
- 8.20.20Firm News
- 4.23.20Firm News
- 1.21.14Firm News
Articles & Publications
- Pitfalls to Avoid with Retirement Plans in M&A Deals. (Mary Snyder, co-author). (December 2011 - January 2012). HCBA Lawyer.