Our Criminal Defense Group focuses on handling a variety of matters with the commitment to protect the legal rights of our clients. We represent Boards of Directors, Special Committees and Corporations in all aspects of internal, criminal and government investigations and prosecutions.
We also handle matters on behalf of individuals facing felony or misdemeanor charges as well as entities or individuals who have been victims of crime.
Attorneys in the firm’s Corporate Compliance, Investigations & Criminal Defense Group have extensive trial experience and include former federal and state prosecutors and judicial law clerks. Hill Ward Henderson represents clients in multiple forums as well as in various types of state and federal criminal investigations and litigation.
Recent representative matters include:
- Leading internal investigations for corporate clients
- Providing compliance training to public and private companies
- Representing corporations and individuals identified as targets in state and federal criminal investigations
- Representing individuals charged with fraud, including securities fraud, in multi-jurisdictional criminal investigation
- Representing individuals in Qui Tam prosecutions brought by state and federal prosecutors
In addition, we work with individuals in the following types of representative matters:
- Representing individuals charged with DUI, possession of illegal substances and other misdemeanor and felony charges
- Working with families to represent minors with criminal charges
- Dealing with death investigations involving possible criminal or civil implications
The firm believes that a successful defense strategy begins at the initial investigation stage and continues, if necessary, through all available appeals. We are committed to seeking quick and efficient resolutions to all matters and are prepared to work with prosecutors to seek just and appropriate outcomes.
With our attorneys’ years of experience and background, the firm stands ready to protect its clients and their interests and provide counsel and defense to those who find themselves in need of criminal representation. We pride ourselves on the ability to combine our knowledge of our clients and their affairs, the laws regulating them and the procedures for enforcing those laws to provide our clients with excellent counsel.