Nicole Walsh is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Group. Her practice includes the defense of product liability and tort claims, as well as premises liability and personal injury actions. She also represents automobile dealerships defending cases on sales, F&I and advertising practices along with a diverse array of digital accessibility claims. Nicole’s practice affords her extensive experience in both federal and state court, as well as arbitration matters. She has defended national clients in numerous automotive, trucking, consumer products, and power tool products liability cases throughout Florida, as well as represented retailers and home builders in premises liability matters. Clients represented include those in: manufacturing, automotive, retail, financial services, hospitality, sports and home building industries.
Nicole graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law where she served as an Articles Editor for the Florida Law Review. During her tenure, the Florida Law Review awarded Nicole the Frank E. Maloney Award for Outstanding Candidate. Nicole has earned Book Awards in Legal Drafting and Advanced Problems in Bankruptcy. She is also a member of the Order of the Coif.
While in law school Nicole was a certified legal intern for the Office of the State Attorney in the 8th Judicial Circuit, an extern for the University of Florida, Office of the Vice President & General Counsel, and served as a teaching assistant in the College of Law’s Legal Research and Writing program. Before law school, Nicole was an Equipment Manager for the inaugural University of Florida Women’s NCAA Lacrosse Team and served as a Guardian ad Litem for children in dependency and neglect cases.
Outside of the office, Nicole enjoys CrossFit, Olympic weightlifting, , salsa dancing, driving motorcycles, reading, traveling, and being a Gator fan.
Nicole is currently serving on the Board of Directors for Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts.
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch (2021)
Credentials & Experience
University of Florida, B.A., 2011, cum laude
University of Florida, B.S., 2011, cum laude
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude: Dean's List (Fall 2011- Spring 2014)
- Florida Law Review
- Frank E. Maloney Award, Outstanding Candidate
- Order of the Coif
- Book Awards: Legal Drafting, Advanced Programs in Bankruptcy
- Teaching Assistant: Legal Research & Writing, Appellate Advocacy
American Bar Association
The Florida Bar
Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Representing large product manufacturers, from vehicles to power tools
- Representing car dealerships against deceptive and unfair trade practices claims
Professional & Civic
Community & Professional
- Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts: Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute
News & Insights
- 6.5.20Firm News
- 6.25.18Firm News
- 6.8.17Firm News
- 1.9.17Firm News
Articles & Publications
- The Trial Advocate (FDLA) Volume 40, Number 1, February 2021: Florida Still in Flux? New Exception to the Consumer Expectations Test in Product Design Defect Claims
- The Trial Advocate Volume 39, Number 1: Florida’s Product Liability Statute of Repose: A Practical Guide
- DRI In-House Defense Quarterly, Summer 2019
- "Park It – Senators Introduce Legislation to Implement Automatic Shut-off in Keyless Ignition Vehicles”
- P3s: Public-Private Partnership in Florida, October 1, 2014
- Co-Author: Ben Dachepalli
- Model Jury Instructions: Product Liability, July 6, 2017
- American Bar Association
- Co-Author: Nathan Hatcher